To improve your health, you take vitamins and supplements. That’s a great thing!
But, not all supplements products are good for you or safe to consume. So, not all dietary supplements are as effective and promising as they claim on a label.
Fortunately, you need to have clear knowledge about supplements that you started to consume.
Here, we had pointed out some checklist before you started to buy supplements from the drug store or supermarket.
How to buy and use supplements wisely?
1. Make sure they are what you need. Don’t just take supplements willy-nilly—that why we need to talk to a doctor before consuming.
2. Don’t just use supplements to make up “for a lack” from poor eating and lifestyle habits.
3. Cycle your supplements on and off. So, take whatever you need during the weekday and have the weekends off. If the body is continually exposed to a particular supplement, it’s going to take you using a higher and higher dosage to get the same effects.
By coming off of it, you can assess your performance and impact on your body. It will tell you how much you have improved by giving you a progress report.
4. Make sure you try and get your hands on the best quality supplements as much as possible. A lot of the lower-end supplements are laden with E numbers and preservatives.
5. Also, always check for any possible contraindications to any supplement. For example, taking high vitamin A levels while being pregnant may be dangerous to the developing fetus.
6. It’s a good idea to check the ingredients of the supplements you are using.
7. If you are new to using a particular supplement- it may be a good idea to track how you feel two hours after using it, using a diary or notepad. This report will help you to keep in touch with your body.
8. Do all the research you can on the supplement(s) you intend to use before buying anything.
9. Always keep an eye on your symptoms before and after using your supplements.
10. Try and educate yourself to the best of your abilities on how the body works. The knowledge will give you a better understanding of your body and what is needed the most. That’s the purpose of this blog and the online videos on our website.
We hope the above short supplements buying guide and how to use supplements wisely will help you the most.